1.) How many shots will I get?
- I normally shoot around 40 shots per hour, or 20 shots per half hour.
2.) What should I wear for my business portrait?
- Dark colors are best. Avoid busy patterns and bold colors that will distract from your face. Avoid white and light colors, unless it is a light shirt under a dark suit. You're welcome to bring several clothing options. See note below about eyeglasses.
3.) What should I wear for my acting headshots?
- A dark sweater, or a dark shirt with a collar is best. If you have blonde hair, then medium colors are better. Avoid white and light colors. Something with texture, or some sheen is also good, such as microfiber or rayon.
4.) I wear eyeglasses. Can I wear them for my portrait?
- Glasses can be a challenge for a good portrait. The key to a good portrait is capturing the eyes, and eyeglasses can distort or darken them, and cause unwanted reflections. If you have contact lenses, is it better to wear them instead. Or, ask your optometrist if they will loan you a pair of frames without lenses. They will often do this free of charge, or for a small refundable deposit. Or you can remove your lenses and and maybe wear a backup pair to the studio.
5.) What should I wear for my modeling photos?
- Variety is key in a good modeling portfolio, from fun and sassy, to elegant and moody. Your clothes should be up-to-date and look like new. Use your photo shoot as an excuse to buy some new clothes! Bring several outfits, even if we don't use them all. Avoid white, unless it is an accent color. Also avoid clothing with logos. Bring hats and accessories. Women should have hair and makeup that looks professionally done. Men should also have hair that looks professionally styled. If you can style your hair more than one way, that's even better.
6.) I'm just getting started in modeling. How does this all work?
- Your first step is doing a photo shoot, to get 5-10 images for your portfolio. Then schedule interviews with local modeling agencies to show them your images. After you find an agency to represent you, you can order your composite cards (with your stats and 3-5 poses).
7.) Do you provide makeup services?
8.) How should I do my makeup?
- The bright studio lights tend to minimize makeup, so it's a good idea to wear some, even if you don't normally wear it. Also, converting to black and white also minimizes makeup. The eyes are where it really counts. The most common problem is shine, so use and bring powder. Hair spray or gel is recommend to reduce stray hairs and frizzies. Avoid lip gloss... the reflection is too bright and creates hot spots.
9.) Do you shoot black and white or just color?
- I use a professional digital camera, so the originals are in color, but it's a snap to convert them to black and white on the computer. You can get all your photos in black and white as well as color, upon request. No additional charge.
10.) Do you take credit cards?
- I prefer check or cash, but I do accept credit cards thru Pay Pal on the internet. Use my email address: Terry@Photos4us.com
11.) Where are you located?
- We shoot on location, all over the puget sound area.
12.) How soon can I get an appointment?
- I can usually get you in within a day or two, sometimes even the same day! Saturdays book up quickly, so allow more advance notice for that.
13.) How soon can I get the photos?
- If your package includes a CD, you can usually get it as soon as 2 days! Standard prints take 3-4 business days.
14.) Do you offer a satisfaction guarantee?
- Yes, if you are not happy with your photos, I will do another shoot, free of charge. Sorry, no refunds. Note: I cannot offer a guarantee on children under 5 years old. The guarantee may not apply if the photos are for a modeling/talent agency.
15.) What should I bring?
- Bring two or more outfits, hair styling supplies, and payment. Women should also bring makeup and powder.
16.) Do you provide clothes and props, or do I bring my own?
- I don't provide them. Please bring your own.
17.) I don't like getting my picture taken. I'm not photogenic.
- Then digital is your friend! With digital, we're not limited to the number of shots on a roll of film. You'll like at least 10% of the shots. This means if we take 50 shots, you'll like at least 5 of them.
18.) Do you do photo retouching?
- Yes. Some packages include basic retouching (softening wrinkles and lightening bags under the eyes) and prints include retouching. There may be a charge for more extensive retouching.
19.) How many outfit changes does my package include?
- Since my packages are by the hour, there is no limit to the number of outfits you can use. I recommend at least 15-20 minutes per outfit.